Heading back into student loan repayment after a three-year pause will be a confusing time for many people. But helping others overcome such a big challenge has never stood in our way before, and this time is no different.
Ascendium® has supported student loan borrowers for more than 55 years and helped millions of people overcome the burden of student loan debt. One of the things we take pride in is not resting on the status quo as being the best way to go. We’re always looking for ways to improve our service and support in response to the ever-changing higher education landscape.
It’s in this vein that we’ve partnered with Savi, a social impact technology startup founded by long-time student loan experts and advocates. They’re working to solve the pressing student debt crisis by helping people discover new repayment and loan forgiveness options through a sophisticated mobile-optimized tool.
Within this partnership, the Savi Repayment Estimator is made available through Knowledge Center. The estimator analyzes more than 150 programs (including Public Service Loan Forgiveness) to help borrowers choose the best repayment and forgiveness options for their unique situation.
The addition of Savi's technology in Knowledge Center offers borrowers a much-needed benefit — the opportunity to not only find, but also enroll in the best repayment program for their unique situation. It’s as easy as 1-2-3.
Our videos, articles, and guides are at borrowers’ fingertips to help them achieve their financial goals and navigate repayment. Topics include:
- Income-based repayment plans.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- Long-term borrower forgiveness options.
- Loan consolidation.
- Money management.
- Professional development.
- 1:1 Counseling
When student loan repayment questions or concerns arise, borrowers can contact our Success Coaches by phone, email, or chat.
- Accurate guidance from experienced loan counselors.
- Personalized support to implement the best repayment plan.
- Protection from scammers.
- Ability to bypass loan servicers’ long wait times.
- Mobile-Optimized Technology
Savi’s sophisticated technology identifies payment options for borrowers with a focus on savings and forgiveness.
- Helps strategize and implement the best payment program for each borrower’s unique situation.
- Streamlines and digitizes paperwork to minimize the risk of confusion or errors.
- Helps ensure no borrower becomes delinquent, defaults, or pays more on their student loans than needed.
Contact us to learn more and add this vital support to your program.